The Bernedoodle dog breed is a mix between the hypoallergenic Poodle and the shedding Bernese Mountain dog. But do Bernedoodles shed? Bernedoodles are also called Bernese Mountain Poo. The Bernese Mountain Dog is one of the large dog breeds. It is a working breed.
An adult male Bernese Mountain Dog can weigh as much as 50 kg. They are loving and intelligent. This big dog breed is extremely loyal to its human friends.
The Poodle, on the other hand, is a small companion dog breed that weighs about 5 kg. The breed is also intelligent and Faithful. This dog is alert, easy to train and physically active despite its small size. The Bernese Mountain Dog poodle mix inherits these positive character traits of its parents.
A cross between the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Miniature Poodle creates the mini Bernedoodle. The Tiny Bernedoodle, on the other hand, is a cross between the Toy Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog. This dog is genetically similar to but physically smaller than the standard Bernedoodle.
The main reason for the Bernese Mountain Dog Poodle mix is to create a medium sized and non-shedding dog breed that is bigger than the Poodle. The dog also retains the guarding and herding instincts of the Bernese Mountain Dog.
Do Bernedoodles shed (Are Bernedoodles Hypoallergenic)
The Bernedoodle gets along well with other pets. It is very easy to train and has little grooming needs. This dog breed, together with other Poodle mixes that include Goldendoodles and Sheepadoodles, is a great and intelligent pet that has a cute appearance as well.
Facts about Hypoallergenic Bernedoodle Puppies
A purebred Bernedoodle can be pure black, black and brown, black and white or have a mix of these three colors. Here are 10 facts about the hypoallergenic Bernedoodle dog breed.
- Most Bernedoodles have a wavy coat and may not tolerate hot weather. The parent breeds are hairy as well (the Bernese Mountain Dog has a double undercoat while the Poodle has a single dense coat). The Bernedoodles that have a wavy coat shed less than those with a straight coat. The wavy coat is inherited from the hypoallergenic Poodle.
- The breed is well adapted to cold weather – the double coat makes the dog well suited to very cold climate.
- Bernedoodles are great for allergy sufferers since they don’t shed – not as much as the Bernese Mountain Dog.
- They are easy to groom and only need regular brushing.
- The dog can live indoors – The Bernedoodle is a medium sized dog. They are a clean dog breed that won’t cover your furniture in dog hair. But remember to exercise your dog.
- A Bernedoodle is a healthy dog breed. But they may have issues with their hip and elbow joints – especially when they are inbred by unethical breeders. Consequently you need to buy from registered breeders and pay attention to your dog’s health. In addition, you should ensure they get proper nutrition and enough exercise.
- They are very intelligent and easy to train. Bernedoodle puppies can be stubborn but outgrow the stubbornness once they are well trained and socialized.
- The dog breed is great for first-time dog owners. The dog breed’s intelligence helps them adapt to different life situations.
- They need regular and moderate exercise. The dog will get enough exercise on its own if they can get outside. But indoor dogs need daily walks.
- Bernedoodle puppies are expensive but worth every penny. One can find Mini Bernedoodle puppies for sale from the breeder’s websites. Bernedoodle price ranges from about 800$ to 2500$.
Bernedoodles are Loyal
The Bernese Mountain Dog is known for its loyalty. As a result, the Bernedoodle is a loyal and non-shedding medium sized dog that loves human company. Like Goldendoodles whose litter will have both shedding and hypoallergenic puppies, some Bernedoodle puppies will shed. This depends on their genetic makeup.