A dog is man’s best friend. It can therefore be disappointing when your canine friend becomes a source of misery – because of allergic reactions. Remember how dogs love to lick their human companions? Well, dogs have an allergenic protein that is secreted in their saliva, urine and dead skin.
Luckily, there are dogs that produce very little of this protein. Others shed less dander and are not into the drooling habit. These are the hypoallergenic dog breeds that are great for folks who suffer from pet allergies (even cats that shed do cause nasty allergies).
We at hypoallergenicdogsnames.com endeavor to inform our readers about these non shedding dogs; and of ways to prevent and reduce allergic reactions.
There’s a dog for everyone!
The great news about dogs is that there are so many dog breeds.
- Dogs come in different colors, sizes and temperament.
- Some dog breeds, like the Basenji and Jack Russell terrier, are great hunters while others love to be cuddled.
- There are dogs that love kids (and a lot of attention), while others prefer a quiet environment.
- Some dogs are hairless
- There are indoor versus outdoor dogs.
There are toy dog breeds such as the hypoallergenic Shih Tzu and small sized dogs such as the Bichon Frise. Other dogs such as the Bedlington Terrier are medium sized and hypoallergenic. The Portuguese Water Dog is one of the large hypoallergenic dogs that don’t shed much. It is our hope that the information on this website will help you choose the perfect dog breed. The dog forum, Best Animal Sites and Best Dog Sites are great places to meet other dog lovers.
Dogs and Cats are Popular Pets
Over 60% of American households own a pet. However, man’s best friend is the most popular pet in the U.S. But people who own cats tend to have more than one cat. This has created a huge demand for non-shedding dogs and allergy free cats.
Other popular pets in the West include birds and ferrets. Others are horses, fish (both fresh and salty water fish) and reptiles. Pet reptiles include snakes, water dragon, bearded dragon, lizards, turtle, tortoise and chameleons.
Pet Facts you May not Know
- The bearded dragon is a lizard. It is the most friendly reptile pet
- Many Asians don’t own pets
- Can f 5 is produced in the prostate gland. Consequently, this allergen is only found in male dogs
- Most pet owners live in Argentina, Mexico and Brazil, and they own dogs!
- Dogs and cats have some of the most beautiful names on Earth. You can always use a dog name generator to find a great name for your animal friend.
- There are more pet cats in Russia, U.S and France than in any other country
- Chinese have more pet fish than any other country
- 10% to 20% of people have pet allergies
Where do People get their Dogs From?
Most dogs are bought from dog breeders. Some are adopted from shelters and dog rescue homes. Others are obtained from friends and relatives. There are few stray dogs that are lucky to find a loving home. This is despite the fact that there are over 70 million homeless cats and dogs in the U.S alone!
But buying a dog from a breeder is not a guarantee that the puppy is a purebred. Besides, pets from rescue or shelters are cheaper. Moreover, pets from rescue homes and shelter organizations are in many cases genetically superior to those obtained from irresponsible breeders and puppy mills.